Thursday, March 31, 2005

A note about comments

This blog makes use of Blogger.com facilities, and I have tried to set the Blogger options so as to make it as easy as possible for people to post comments.

I would like you to be aware that the Blogger system is set up so that, whenever someone posts a comment, I get a copy of it by email. You can later delete your own comment from the blog, if you wish, and the public will not be able to read it, but I will still have had the email.

If you expect me to reply, or hope that I will, probably your best plan is to send an email to me direct, rather than post a comment. You can find my email address through my Blogger profile -- use the link at the top of the right-hand column on this page. I cannot send a reply to you if you simply post a comment -- in other words, although I get an email containing your comment, the 'reply' facility doesn't work because the system doesn't have your address.

The only exception (I am guessing here) is if you are already a registered Blogger.com user yourself; then the email containing your comment does seem to contain your email address for me to reply, if I want to.

Hope that's clear.

Occasionally, if I felt it was sufficiently important, I have been able to trace an email address for a commenter via Google or some other device, but that is the long way round the houses; and it isn't always possible.

5 comments:

archer said...

So that's how you got my Samuel Johnson quote. It's a good thing I deleted the picture.

Anonymous said...

...and all this time I thought you knew where I live, where I work and where my kids go to school.

bimbingan belajar les private di jakarta said...

some time blogger have an error on comment form too

seapo said...

Home Page best replica bags online you can look here replica gucci handbags read good quality replica bags

sheapeasm said...

w2g89d3p81 h9w75v5d50 k9c43m6n18 c8h80e6n54 f9a82l2i40 c7r39q6r71